ABCNJ is currently seeking applications for a region accountant. The American Baptist Churches of New Jersey (ABCNJ), founded in 1830 under its original name of the New Jersey Baptist Convention, has more than 285 member churches and approximately 70,000 members.
Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you help others achieve a goal? Do you have a passion to see new church buildings constructed, or older ones renovated for renewed mission? Are you a meticulous planner whose insight is often sought-after and accepted? If so, the American Baptist Extension Corporation just may have an opportunity for you! Application deadline is September 30, if you are interested in this opportunity don't delay!
The ABEC Representative is responsible for promoting ABEC’s loan, investment and building planning services. The ABEC Representative serves as an advisor on aspects of building planning and financing. Download the attached PDF for a full listing information and how to apply, read on for some basic information as found in the listing.
Essential ABEC Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate contacts for all ABEC’s ministry and financial solutions.
- Proactively respond to contacts from congregations and institutions through telephone and on- site visits to provide building assessment and planning, capital fund raising, loan and investment solutions.
- Monitor loan application and performance including origination, negotiation and underwriting.
- Partner with American Baptist national organizations, regional leaders, churches, institutions and other affiliated partners.
- Analyze potential loans, changes in terms, proposed loan rates and programs and make recommendations to ABEC staff.
- Promote ABEC investment opportunities available to congregations and institutions.
- Collaborate with ABEC staff to facilitate services to individuals, congregations and institutions by following up on referrals.
- Other duties, relevant to the position and ABEC ministries, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College graduate, postgraduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in facilities planning, financial planning, building planning or architectural fields.
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial credit, loan cultivation, lending processes, facilities planning.
- Experience in finance, understanding financial statements including income and expense statements and capital fund raising.
- Background in Baptist polity and structure and leadership in American Baptist life.
- Proven expertise in group facilitation and content presentation.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to thrive and effectively collaborate in diverse and multi-cultural settings.
- Direct experience in sales and marketing.
- Understanding of construction industry best practices.
- Familiarity with the philosophy of capital campaign processes, experience managing a campaign preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude to learn online video conferencing and specialized account information software.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Do you want to be part of the minsitry team of a dynamic, new, rapidly growing and multicultural church?
The Rev. Mia Chang, pastor of the NextGen Church of West Windsor, has announced their search for a part-time Youth Pastor. If you are interested in applying, or know of someone who might, please contat Rev. Chang directly.
Attached is the complete job description for your reference.
Have you ever considered sharing your ministry gifts and skills with the rest of your regional family? The American Baptist Churches of New Jersey is seeking to fill 3 part-time ministry positions in 2012:
- Associate Regional Pastor for New Church Development: Rev. Malva Wise-White is leaving this position in order to serve as the Assistant Pastor of First Baptist Church in Maplewood. She provided almost 4 years of effective and faithful service to the region. Candidates for this leadership position should possess a passion for new church planting and mentoring pastors serving in this specialized field, and strong organizational skills. Ordained clergy preferred.
- Associate Regional Pastor/Coordinator for Youth Ministry: After two successful regional youth ministry gatherings, the region seeks a part-time leader in this area. This is a new position. Candidates for this position should possess a passion for reaching and discipling youth and young adults, and have excellent networking skills. This person will coordinate the ABCNJ Youth Ministry Network. This position is open to both laity and ordained clergy.
- Associate Regional Pastor for Retired Clergy: ABCNJ is blessed to have so many retired clergy residing in our state! We are looking to serve and involve our retired clergy in regional life in a more intentional and systematic way. This is a new position. Candidates for this position should possess a passion for relationships and excellent listening skills. Ordained clergy preferred; retired clergy are strongly encouraged to apply.
All resumes are due to the region office by January 31, 2012.
Job descriptions for all 3 positions are attached. Please circulate them to people in your ABCNJ network of relationships.
PLEASE NOTE: Since these are very part-time positions (one day or less per week), these positions are only open to ministers and laity who are active members of an ABCNJ congregation.