We have a NEW arrival coming in April; a wonderful addition to aide in Disaster Response. Through grants provided by The American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) and First Baptist Church of Manasquan we have purchased a 7x14 utility trailer to support ABCNJ’s Disaster Response Teams. Special thanks to the Missions Team from First Baptist Church of Mt. Holly. They will be preparing the trailer to store the tools we have already acquired, and to make rooms for needed additions in the future.
As American Baptist we will join other denominations to be the Hands and Feet of our Lord. We want to be among the first to arrive to deliver the aid needed to our churches and their communities, and to be ready to be deployed in other emergency situation .
We now know that there are three stages in any disaster :
- The Initial Stage - emergency mode , warmth, provide shelter and tend to health issues.
- The Renew Stage - opening of Government offices, gas stations and food markets.
- The Rebuilding Stage - this is where we are in NJ now . It is the most difficult and longest stage.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
I would love to share with you, minister with you as together we continue to change the lives of those effected by disasters like Superstorm Sandy.
Please join us for one of the following “Coming Together For New Jersey-2014” work weeks:
- July 12-19 – Manasquan area
- August 9-16 – Atlantic City & Wildwood areas.
You can register by filling out the registration packet available found at this link.