Attention Pastors! The new pastor’s track is designed specifically for you. Rev. Dr. Ronald J. Sider (Ph.D., Yale) is Professor of Theology, Holistic Ministry and Public Policy and Director of the Sider Center on Ministry and Public Policy at Palmer Theological Seminary in Philadelphia will lead this training. Pastors are privileged to be able to have Dr. Sider share in our focus - Excellence in Ministry. Enroll now!
Attention Church Officers and Leaders! The 2012 COAL Training gives participants a chance to select three workshops. Mark three different training sessions and the registrar will make every effort to honor it. There is limited seating so sessions will be balanced for classroom size. Please use the attached registration form.
Below is a brief summary of the days program and a list of the excellent leadership we have for the COAL 2012 Training Events.
Plenary Speaker – Rev. Dr. Ronald Sider, Professor of Theology, Holistic Ministry and Public Policy, Palmer Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. Dr. Sider will also lead the Pastors’ track.
Bible Study Leaders
- Westfield – Rev. Dr. Lillian Ramos, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Arlington in Kearny, NJ
- Columbus – Rev. Dr. Pete Ely, Senior Pastor, Penns Neck Baptist Church of Princeton, NJ
AM Workshop Sessions
- 1. Training Disciples for Community Outreach - Rev. Mayra Castañeda – Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Westfield
- 2. Caring for the Disciple: Deacons as Care-Givers - Rev. Darrell Armstrong – Senior Pastor, Shiloh Baptist Church of Trenton
- 3. Burning the Church Debt - Rev. Dr. Leonard Smalls – Senior Pastor (Retired), Imani Baptist Church of Christ of East Orange
Luncheon - Go Global Presentation - Rev. Susan P. Royle, Senior Pastor, Living Word Baptist Church, Toms River
PM Workshop Sessions
A. Panel - Keeping a Healthy Household: Protecting Your Church from the Usual Suspects – Moderated by Rev. Dr. Elmo Familiaran – Associate Regional Pastor of the American Baptist Churches of New Jersey
- Mr. David H. Coates, Esq. - Attorney, legal representative for ABCNJ
- Rev. Dr. Frank Reeder - Senior Pastor, Seaview Baptist Church of Linwood
- Rev. Joseph Gratzel – Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Manasquan
- Rev. Erin Phillips - Assistant Pastor, First Baptist Church of Haddonfield
- Rev. Mia Chang - Senior Pastor, Next Gen Church of West Windsor
B. Church Personnel Policy and Handbooks - Ms. Catherine Bolder, Trustee, Bethany Baptist Church of Newark
C. Creating Welcoming Cultures in Helping Organizations - Rev.William C. Gaventa, Associate Professor, Pediatrics and Coordinator, Community and Congregational Supports, the Elizabeth M. Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities
Register Now! Your individual registration must have full payment and in ABCNJ office seven (7) days prior to the event date. Fee of $25.00 each will includes luncheon. Late registrations are $30.00 and may not include the luncheon. Payment must come with registration.
Send Registration and Payment to: American Baptist Churches of New Jersey, 3752 Nottingham Way, Suite 101, Trenton, NJ 08690.
Additional information, maps to locations and workshop descriptions will be posted at www.abcnj.net. Please come and visit our website for weekly updates and details of each workshop as it becomes available.
This form can be printed as a bulletin size document using Adobe Reader 10 (it is free).