Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you help others achieve a goal? Do you have a passion to see new church buildings constructed, or older ones renovated for renewed mission? Are you a meticulous planner whose insight is often sought-after and accepted? If so, the American Baptist Extension Corporation just may have an opportunity for you! Application deadline is September 30, if you are interested in this opportunity don't delay!
The ABEC Representative is responsible for promoting ABEC’s loan, investment and building planning services. The ABEC Representative serves as an advisor on aspects of building planning and financing. Download the attached PDF for a full listing information and how to apply, read on for some basic information as found in the listing.
Essential ABEC Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate contacts for all ABEC’s ministry and financial solutions.
- Proactively respond to contacts from congregations and institutions through telephone and on- site visits to provide building assessment and planning, capital fund raising, loan and investment solutions.
- Monitor loan application and performance including origination, negotiation and underwriting.
- Partner with American Baptist national organizations, regional leaders, churches, institutions and other affiliated partners.
- Analyze potential loans, changes in terms, proposed loan rates and programs and make recommendations to ABEC staff.
- Promote ABEC investment opportunities available to congregations and institutions.
- Collaborate with ABEC staff to facilitate services to individuals, congregations and institutions by following up on referrals.
- Other duties, relevant to the position and ABEC ministries, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College graduate, postgraduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in facilities planning, financial planning, building planning or architectural fields.
- Knowledge of and experience with commercial credit, loan cultivation, lending processes, facilities planning.
- Experience in finance, understanding financial statements including income and expense statements and capital fund raising.
- Background in Baptist polity and structure and leadership in American Baptist life.
- Proven expertise in group facilitation and content presentation.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to thrive and effectively collaborate in diverse and multi-cultural settings.
- Direct experience in sales and marketing.
- Understanding of construction industry best practices.
- Familiarity with the philosophy of capital campaign processes, experience managing a campaign preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude to learn online video conferencing and specialized account information software.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time.