ABCNJ, in partnership with the United Negro College Fund, is offering two $2,250.00 scholarships to ABCNJ students who are embarking on their college journey. These awards are administered by the UNCF and must be applied for through the process detailed below.
- Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be an active member of a congregation which in covenant with ABCNJ and located in the states of New Jersey, New York or Florida.
- Applicants must be an entering freshman who has been accepted at any UNCF member institution, other HBCU, or an accredited four-year institution.
- Obtain a letter of recommendtion from a church administrator/leader of an ABCNJ church which is in covenant with the region.
- Write a one page stament on career interest.
- Provide a letter of admission from a college for enrollment in the Fall 2017 semester.
- Fill out the UNCF's application, which is available on their web site.
All materials must be received by the deadline listed below.
|June 1, 2017||Application Opens|
|July 7, 2017||Application Closes|
|July 10-21, 2017||UNCF screens, reads, and ranks applicant pool|
|July 24, 2017||UNCF provides ranked pool to Grantor|
|July 28, 2017||Grantor provides feedback regarding ranked pool|
|August-September 2017||UNCF selects recipients, verifies, enrollment, provides written notification to Grantor, sends out award letters, and transmits funds|
|December 2017||Final report submitted to Grantor|