Why does ABHMS need a National Coordinator for Volunteer Mobilization & Disaster Response?
ABHMS is looking for a highly energetic skilled person to lead a dynamic national volunteer mobilization ministry. Historically, ABHMS volunteer and disaster response ministry has provided opportunities for people with passion and a commitment to serve to give freely of their valuable time and talents to help others throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
The National Coordinator for Volunteer Mobilization and Disaster Response Ministry is responsible for ensuring the ministry program is managed in accordance with the stated mission and vision and values of ABHMS. This position will coordinate a national clearinghouse of individual and volunteer groups and will serve as the liaison between ABHMS and these persons. This National Coordinator is also accountable for the coordinated disaster response for ABHMS in accordance with the organization’s policies and practices. This role requires the National Coordinator to build relationships with key partners to ensure a growing network of individuals and groups ready and available to provide for diverse volunteer needs within ABHMS and its key partners.
This is a full time, exempt position based at the ABHMS corporate offices, located at 1075 First Avenue, King of Prussia, PA. The position is open immediately. This position is accountable to the Healing and Transforming Ministries program director.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborating with ABHMS staff, to develop a plan for volunteer mobilization and disaster response consistent with ABHMS mission and values
• Identify, recruit, train, screen and maintain a network of volunteers for service in ABHMS and partner agencies
• Identify and maintain volunteer opportunities as defined by ABHMS, key partners, AB Community Ministries and other key agencies
• Collaborate with other ABHMS staff to create and maintain training materials for ‘volunteer coordinators’ throughout the nation
• Collaborate to develop promotional and informational materials, webinars and other media to recruit volunteers
• Collect stories and other evidence to demonstrate the impact of the ministry program
• Collaborate with ABHMS Development staff to cultivate long-term relationships with volunteers
• Travel approx. 30% of the time
• Other relevant duties as assigned to advance the specific ministry and ABHMS missional objectives.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education & Experience
• Passion, energy and drive for ABHMS mission, vision and values
• Knowledge of ABHMS mission and ABHMS’ partners
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a multi-faceted program at a national or state/regional level or of similar size, complexity and demographic scope
• Skilled networker with proven experience in cultivating collaborative relationships
• Ability to effectively collaborate with people of diverse demographic, theological and ideological perspectives
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
• Experience working with people in high stress/crisis situations
• Experience in disaster response a plus
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Diplomatic and mature approach to problem-solving with an ability to think independently and creatively
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Highly skilled in planning, critical thinking and critical analysis
• Strong project management skills.
The American Baptist Home Mission Societies is a nonprofit religious organization that focuses on ministries of leadership, discipleship, and healing and transforming communities throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. ABHMS seeks to empower American Baptists to develop capable ministry leaders and to equip passionate Christian disciples who impact the rapidly changing American society with the Gospel while promoting healing and transformation.
ABHMS is a great place to work! ABHMS offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package which includes salary and benefits (such as healthcare insurance, paid time off and paid sick time, participation in a fully-vested 403b). ABHMS provides the support needed to continue to develop our employees’ knowledge, skills and abilities along their chosen career path consistent with ABHMS’ missional priorities and objectives. We offer a safe, professional work environment with great colleagues and an on-site fitness center. The ABHMS corporate offices are located at 1075 First Avenue in King of Prussia, PA.
If interested, send Cover Letter and Resumé to email@example.com
ABHMS will begin reviewing applications immediately upon receipt. Completed applications should be received by ABHMS no later than May 17, 2019.
ABHMS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates with disabilities to apply.