New Hope Baptist Church in Hackensack New Jersey is prayerfully seeking a new pastor. Their beloved pastor of 23 years of outstanding and unwavering dedication retired in August 2016.
New Hope Baptist Church is a congregation of 256 members who faithfully serve their church and surrounding community. The Church is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of New Jersey, a missional region serving Jesus throughout our state and beyond.
New Hope Baptist Church is seeking a spiritual and visionary pastor with a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and to “prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of fullness of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:12, 13).
The following are some of the skills and requirements we would like our next pastor to posses.
Theological Perspective/Spiritual Qualification
- Posses the ability to share the salvation story
- Have an intentional, daily devotion
- Spend time in prayer and meditation
- Must have sound theological, doctrinal, and biblical understanding of the church, ministry and pastoral call
Administration and Leadership
- Work collaboratively with the church office staff
- Have a general knowledge of finances
- Be a visionary leader who offers innovative leadership & can incorporate new ideas related to church ministry and church growth
- Possess strong communication skills, excellent conflict resolution management with members
- Possess ethical characteristics, a nurturing spirit, and an encouraging heart
- Develop and promote stewardship
Have experience in providing pastoral counseling
Personal and Professional Lifelong Learning
Pursue personal growth and spiritual development through various forms of continuing education (e.g., workshops, conferences, and reading)
- Possess evidence of formal education (i.e., Bachelor’s Degree, a theological level Master’s Degree, as well as certificates)
- Must be ordained and licensed minister with at least 5 years of ministerial experience.
Preaching and Teaching
- Offer sermon series that will help congregants transform their lives to align more with the Word of God.
- Spend adequate study and preparation time each week to ensure clear, concise, creative, motivating, and challenging sermons.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret Scripture in a way that helps congregants understand how to respond to life’s situations, especially in light of a changing society.
- Provide counseling to individuals by providing a Biblical perspective for their unique situations
All candidates must submit a cover letter and updated résumé which includes a summary of relevant ministerial, professional, and educational experiences.
Please submit required materials via email to:
Mr. Carl Hopson, Chairman, Pastoral Search Committee Carl.firstname.lastname@example.org